Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ecch

I try to stay out of the way, keep my head down and go about my business.
That being said- I find a great many things annoy me.

Why when I go to the supermarket, Duane Reade, CVS or Walgreen's
I'm expected to shell out more money. You know breast cancer, leukemia
hoof and mouth disease. I just gave the store all my cash, now you want me to dole out more.
"Do you want to donate to help cure Cancer"?  Asks Nancy the cashier.
"No thanks" I reply.  Of course Nancy gives me that "so you want more people to die" glare.
Just put a jar next to the counter and cut the malarkey.

By the way, does every Chinese food restaurant have that one tin can
"To help stop child abuse".  Some no name charity with a creepy picture
of a  a cute blond kid in pigtails cowering in a corner.
Please I'm begging you- give me my egg drop soup and leave me be.

dicks and cellphones- No not a new indie rock band.
Everywhere I go some schmuck makes me privy to every piece of his or her life.
Imagine being stuck on a bus with a migraine at two in the morning sitting next to the woman
giving a play by play of her abortion to her ex boyfriend, intermittently screaming "can you hear me"?
My only consolation was that she had just sucked out the next generation of her horrid family.

My recent encounter with a jerk off was on Sat.  Dressed like he was going to the Benny and June  lookalike contest- baggy pants and yes he even had the stupid hat.  Talking loudly on his cell, nervously laughing and swinging his arms.  Everywhere I went he was there, constantly making dumb jokes and knocking into me.  Did he say he was sorry or an "oopsie daisy"?  Nope.  Pissed off, I drop my basket and run to the exit. Of course Benny decides now he wants to go and runs to the door knocking into me one last time.  The last thing I heard him say was  "had a rough morning, took  Zanax with my scotch". 
One last chuckle.  Yes drinking and having a pill addiction is a laugh riot...

And last-

For the last couple of months Ive tried to avoid watching TV. Maybe this makes me a closet intellectual
but I find myself reading much more that watching Television. Bored and against my better judgement I watch a show called- wait for it... Jerseylicious. Yes, the titled intrigued me. The premise is the reopening
of a salon in Green Brook, NJ called the Gatsby. Owned by a mother and daughter team complete with a "cast'' of stylists and the usual wacky situations and cat fights.  Yes all this from the great state that made
Guido's and Guidettes famous.  The Gatsby is an "artistic environment of timeless classic beauty". 
They wrote it not me.  No you can't make this shit up. 
Last I checked having the skin color of a Cheeto, nails that look like talons and make up that gives the impression you were the victim of an assault wasn't very stylish. Then again maybe everybody wants to be Snooki and I'm the crazy one...

No comments:

Post a Comment